[Samba] Samba 4.12 python3 and vfs object full_audit (centos7)

Tobias Kirchhofer collect at shift.agency
Fri Apr 3 16:57:21 UTC 2020

On 3 Apr 2020, at 13:19, Denis CARDON via samba wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>> I´m using samba 4.11 from sernet and the vfs object full_audit.
>> After update samba to 4.12 from sernet full_audit is broken and the
>> shares with full_audit are not accessible.
>> Can anyone tell me please how to install python 3 on centos7 while
>> the Centos system needs python 2 but samba sould use python3?
>
> Python3 is available in the latest release of Redhat7/CentOS7 (I think
> starting from version 7.7). So you just have to upgrade to have
> support for Python3. The two version Python2 and Python3 can live side
> by side without any problem.
>
> I think all the necessary Python3 packages are available in either
> base CentOS7 or EPEL except for pygpgme which is only python2 by
> default and has to be rebuilt.
>
> You'll also need more up to date gnutls/nettle version. You may take a
> look at my srcrpm
> https://samba.tranquil.it/centos7/samba-4.12.0-srcrpm/

We run Sernet Samba 4.12 on CentOS 8 and have the same problem with vfs
object full_audit. My expectation was that Sernet takes care for
dependencies?

```
../../source3/lib/util.c:830(smb_panic_s3)
PANIC (pid 11632): vfs_full_audit.c: name table not in sync with
vfs_op_type enums
```

What to do?

Tobias