[Samba] LDAP bind to AD fails

Kris Lou klou at themusiclink.net
Mon Sep 30 17:13:58 UTC 2019

An easier way to test is to authenticate pfSense users itself against your
AD -- which can also be done separately from your OpenVPN so you
potentially don't have to worry about your other admin.

In either case, the "Diagnostics: Authentication" test will do the trick
(spam it), or with User Authentication enabled, simply browsing the GUI
will do it as well as almost every page is checked against an ACL (this
assumes you use Security Groups).  If you suddenly get booted or the page
slows down considerably, then there's something odd with the
communication/authentication with the LDAP source.

Kris Lou
klou at themusiclink.net