[Samba] Browsing shares of a server

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Sep 28 00:20:27 UTC 2019

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 05:43:08PM -0500, Christopher Cox via samba wrote:

> On 9/27/19 5:38 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 01:36:42PM -0500, Christopher Cox via samba wrote:
> > > On 9/27/19 1:32 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> > > ....snippity...

> > > I think this isn't (exactly) a Samba problem.  The problem is we can't
> > > enmerated shares exposed from MacOS.  But our Windows and MacOS clients can.
> > >
> > > We get:
> > > smb1cli_req_writev_submit: called for dialect[SMB3_00] server[mac_svr2]
> > > Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH
> >
> > This error is generated by the smbcient libraries trying
> > to send an SMB1 writev request to a server that only supports
> > SMB2 or above. From our code:
> >
> > libcli/smb/smbXcli_base.c:smb1cli_req_writev_submit()
> >
> >          if (state->conn->protocol > PROTOCOL_NT1) {
> >                  DBG_ERR("called for dialect[%s] server[%s]\n",
> >                          smb_protocol_types_string(state->conn->protocol),
> >                          smbXcli_conn_remote_name(state->conn));
> >                  return NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH;
> >          }
> >
> > Have you explicitly requested SMB2 in your smb.conf or on
> > your smbclient command line ?
> >

> Specifying -m SMB2 I get:
>
> smb1cli_req_writev_submit: called for dialect[SMB2_10] server[mac_svr2]
> Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH

That's an smbclient bug then, it shouldn't be trying to
send SMB1 requests to a server that has negotiated SMB2.

Can you please log a bug at bugzilla.samba.org and attach
0). The exact version number of the Samba version you're
using.
1). your smb.conf
2). The exact command line you are using
3). A debug level 10 log (use -d10) from smbclient
4). A wireshark trace of the activity between client
and server.

That should enable us to fix it.

Thanks,

Jeremy.