[Samba] Browsing shares of a server

Christopher Cox chriscox at endlessnow.com
Fri Sep 27 18:36:42 UTC 2019

On 9/27/19 1:32 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
....snippity...
> I repeat, smbclient never had anything to do with network browsing, so
> it is unlikely to have anything to do with Network Discovery. Perhaps
> you are thinking of libsmbclient ? this can be used by other packages to
> provide network browsing.
>
> You could always code up what you require and propose it as a patch for
> Samba.

I think this isn't (exactly) a Samba problem.  The problem is we can't
enmerated shares exposed from MacOS.  But our Windows and MacOS clients can.

We get:
smb1cli_req_writev_submit: called for dialect[SMB3_00] server[mac_svr2]
Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH

I think this is some sort of Mac problem(?)  Thanks for everyone's time.
  Unless you have some hints with regards to the above.