[Samba] Compile samba github code and flash the build binary to embedded device

Hock Leong Ang anghockleong501 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 02:55:26 UTC 2019

Hi Sir/Madam/Miss,

I am a firmware engineer. I would like to implement file sharing between
embedded device and android phone/ios phone/windows.

I download the samba source code from
https://github.com/samba-team/samba/tree/v4-11-stable with version
v4-11-stable.

I follow the instruction from link :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source to compile.

I expected the compilation will produce binary files or equivalent file.
But I fail to find it.

Question:
1. How to build the binary files or equivalent file that can flash in the
embedded device?

2. How to flash in the binary files or equivalent file into the embedded
device? Can I do the normal flashing through JTAG tool?

3. How to configure /etc/samba/smb.conf at embedded device? FYI, there is
many of embedded devices need to produce.

Hope can hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ang Hock Leong