[Samba] access to share with dns alias hostname

banda bassotti bandabasotti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 14:19:09 UTC 2019

Hi, below the required files:

smb.conf of ucs master:

[global]
        logging         = file
        max log size    = 0
        netbios name    = ucs
        server role     = active directory domain controller
        name resolve order      = wins host bcast
        server string   = Univention Corporate Server
        server services = -dns -smb +s3fs -nbt
        server role check:inhibit = yes
        # use nmbd; to disable set samba4/service/nmb to s4
        nmbd_proxy_logon:cldap_server=127.0.0.1
        workgroup       = LAN
        realm           = LAN.CORP
        tls enabled     = yes
        tls keyfile     = /etc/univention/ssl/
ucsdc.comune.padova.it/private.key
        tls certfile    = /etc/univention/ssl/
ucsdc.comune.padova.it/cert.pem
        tls cafile      = /etc/univention/ssl/ucsCA/CAcert.pem
        tls verify peer = ca_and_name
        ldap server require strong auth = no
        dsdb:schema update allowed = no
        max open files = 32808
        ntlm auth       = yes
        machine password timeout        = 0
        acl allow execute always = True
        # ignore interfaces in samba/register/exclude/interfaces
        bind interfaces only = yes
        interfaces = lo eth0
        kccsrv:samba_kcc = False
        debug hirestimestamp = yes
        debug pid = yes
        winbind separator = +
        template shell = /bin/bash
        template homedir = /home/%D-%U
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 300000-400000

        passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Re-enter*new*password* %n\n
*password*changed*

        obey pam restrictions = yes
        encrypt passwords = yes

        spoolss: architecture = Windows x64

        ; domain service lookup related settings
        preferred master = yes
        local master = yes
        domain master = yes
        wins support = yes

        ; miscellaneous settings, mostly for file services
        oplocks = yes
        large readwrite = yes
        read raw = yes
        write raw = yes
        max xmit = 65535
        acl:search = no
        host msdfs = yes
        kernel oplocks = yes
        deadtime = 15
        getwd cache = yes
        wide links = no
        store dos attributes = yes
        logon home = \\ucs\%U
        logon drive = I:
        logon path = \\ucs\%U\windows-profiles\%a
        preserve case = yes
        short preserve case = yes
        guest account = nobody
        map to guest = Bad User