[Samba] Windows 10 temporary profile error, when domain remote profile directory exists and is empty

Konstantin Boyandin lists at boyandin.info
Wed Sep 25 05:13:45 UTC 2019

Hello,

Thanks. Yes, those are known Windows mantras to fix the profile/registry
folder, in case either of them has consistency issues.

But I was doing that on brand-new, just installed Windows 10 computer,
that was thoroughly scanned with whatever anti-malware stuff was at hand
- before the user in question attempted to use it.

The only fix that handled the issue was the one I mentioned.
Renaming/deleting registry records and/profiles didn't work in my case.

Sincerely,
Konstantin

On 24.09.2019 13:47, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> You should check that if a user is logged and you look at the local
 (c:\users) folder
> Does it have a TEMP folder in it. If thats the case.
>
> I suggest you try this.
> Click Start ?¨ Run ?¨ Regedit
> Navigate to the following registry key
 :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
> Then find the GUID from the user that is having problem. (tip, properties,
 security tab )
> Then under ProfileList navigate to binary key’s like this:
 S-1-5-21-3656904587-1668747452-4095529-1234

> On the right side under ProfileImagePath you'll see the profile path.
> Chose the one with the desired user and delete the long registry key like:
 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
> You will then need to either rename (preferable), or delete the user
 profile on disk under C:\Users\%username%

 https://helgeklein.com/free-tools/delprof2-user-profile-deletion-tool/