[Samba] Windows 10 temporary profile error, when domain remote profile directory exists and is empty

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Sep 24 06:47:19 UTC 2019

You should check that if a user is logged and you look at the local (c:\users) folder
Does it have a TEMP folder in it. If thats the case.

I suggest you try this.
Click Start ?¨ Run ?¨ Regedit
Navigate to the following registry key :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
Then find the GUID from the user that is having problem. (tip, properties, security tab )
Then under ProfileList navigate to binary key’s like this: S-1-5-21-3656904587-1668747452-4095529-1234

On the right side under ProfileImagePath you'll see the profile path.
Chose the one with the desired user and delete the long registry key like: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
You will then need to either rename (preferable), or delete the user profile on disk under C:\Users\%username%

And/or use : https://helgeklein.com/free-tools/delprof2-user-profile-deletion-tool/
I have not used it myself yet, but looks ok.

Greetz,

Louis