[Samba] DC upgrade questions

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Sep 23 11:25:56 UTC 2019

Your steps are good to go.
You can shorten it a bit.

4.5 -> 4.8 -> 4.9 -> 4.10
* you can skip 4.7.
* some report good results 4.5 -> 4.9 -> 4.10
And few  reports of successfull upgrade from 4.5 to 4.10 in one go.

But at this moment i recommend still the smaller steps.
In this path (4.5 -> 4.8 -> 4.9 -> 4.10 )

There are a few changes which pulls in extra packages or remove packages.
I recommend also to use : apt-get dist-upgrade --autoremove --purge

This upgrade needed packages, installs if needed extra once, and removes and purged the older version in one go.

Greetz,

Louis