[Samba] testparm comaprison

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Sep 23 10:46:55 UTC 2019

On 23/09/2019 11:37, Trenta sis via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks, Well winbind enum is needed, and ntlm auth is required by some
> applications, seems that samba has disabled by default but windows has
> enabled, we have to migrate some old applications

Why do you need 'winbind enum' ?

'getent' & 'id' will work without the lines, the only thing they do is
make 'getent user' & 'getent group' display all users or groups, why do
you need this ?

I would update and fix whatever needs 'ntlm auth = yes', it is no longer
the default on either Samba or Windows 10.

Rowland