[Samba] Problem with libldb1

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Sun Sep 22 13:31:47 UTC 2019

On 22.09.2019 15:10, Viktor Trojanovic wrote:
> On 22.09.2019 15:07, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
>> On 22/09/2019 13:53, Viktor Trojanovic via samba wrote:
>>> I just ran "apt upgrade" on my DC (Ubuntu 18.04, Samba 4.10 from Louis
>>> Repo) and it ended with error messages about unmet dependencies in
>>> regards
>>> to libldb1.
>>>
>> Yes, but did you run 'apt-get update' first ?
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> Yes, apt update, then apt upgrade, as usual.
>
> Viktor

I'm just reviewing the logs now and it seems that just by running a
regular system upgrade, I somehow screwed up Samba.. it won't start
anymore. "daemon failed to start: Samba failed to prime database.".

I'm reading on the wiki this can happen after a downgrade but I didn't
downgrade anything.. all that seems to have happened today is an upgrade
from version 4.10.x to 4.10.8, which failed.

I could really use help with this, this is a production system that
needs to be ready tomorrow..