[Samba] DC join failed

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Sep 19 13:59:10 UTC 2019

Hai,

Try this first.

Change : /etc/krb5.conf

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = CONYLEC.LOCAL
        dns_lookup_realm = true
        dns_lookup_kdc = true

Change to
[libdefaults]
        default_realm = CONYLEC.LOCAL
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = true

There is no need to lookup the REALM in the DNS, its the Default REALM.

Then try again to join.
But now try this.

kinit Administrator

samba-tool domain join conylec.local DC -k yes --debug 3

If that does not work, can you run :
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh |bash

And post the output.

And the windows server, was that from origin a windows 2003? Or lower?

Greetz,

Louis