[Samba] Issue after upgrade to samba-client-4.9.1-6.el7.x86_64 - Unable to initialize messaging context

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 18 09:25:09 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-09-18 at 11:11 +0200, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hmm,  ok, so yes, that works.
>
> @Rowland, check the command also with an log level 10. (with and
> without sudo)
>
> If we need smbclient with sudo, then is should be moved from usr/bin
> to usr/sbin
> Dont you think?

It's just a bug, which we have fixed in more recent versions.  If it is
seen on RHEL then customers of Red Hat need to file high-severity bugs
in bugzilla.redhat.com and raise via the customer's channels there.

I don't recall the solution being a trivial patch, but that is the kind
of thing RHEL users pay to have sorted out for them.

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org