[Samba] Issue after upgrade to samba-client-4.9.1-6.el7.x86_64 - Unable to initialize messaging context

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 18 08:44:45 UTC 2019

If you upgrade, you might see multiple of these messages.

Unable to initialize messaging context

If you stop/start samba these are should be gone.

If these are still there after stop/start, then your most probley missing some packages in you install.
But i dont know much off .. EL7 .. but thats the first i would check here.

Its also reported at Debian.

There i noticed that smbclient is used but libsmbclient was not installed.
So can you verify that also.

Greetz,

Louis