[Samba] Change in behaviour for the "%U" substitution in 4.10.8?

gac gac at tutanota.com
Tue Sep 17 13:40:39 UTC 2019

I downgraded the packages to 4.10.7

The issue is fixed; the two shares I use which contain %U in their paths are now working correctly using the same Windows 7 client logged in as the same user that breaks on 4.10.8. I realise 4.10.7->4.10.8 was a very small changeset but it really seems like some behaviour has changed there...

I obviously don't have any error logs (since there is no longer an error) but if there are any debug level logs which I can turn on to help troubleshoot this by getting the correct "canonicalize_connect_path" output then please let me know and I can turn them on

Thanks
17 Sep 2019, 13:11 by samba at lists.samba.org: