[Samba] Samba 4.10 AD DS test lab with DNS

joe.greer at gmail.com joe.greer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 11:25:03 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I would like to do a test lab using SAMBA 4.10 AD DS with BIND DLZ.  I
would like to use a linux distro and one that I can use Linux packages.  I
do not want to compile from source and would like the samba and bind to be
packages that update with the OS.

It seems that SAMBA 4.10 is "new" so that some distros are behind and
running 4.8.

What are my options?

Is SAMBA installed via the OpenSUSE Build service not a valid package, like
a binary that has been compiled?  They make it look simple, a 1 click
install.  As I understand it once a person goes down the compiled
application route it is difficult to migrate to a distro with standard
Linux packages.  I want the package and OS part to not be a headache.

Thanks for your suggestions.

- Joe