[Samba] Clussicupgrade tdbsam

Mon Sep 16 14:42:17 UTC 2019

On 13.09.19 21:12, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:
> On Fri, 2019-09-13 at 17:08 +0200, basti via samba wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i try to upgrade NT4 to AD.
>> The NT4 domain has name foobar.example.com. i need to rename the
>> domain
>> to samdom.example.com.
>>
>> Is there a way to rename all entry in tdb before classicupgrade?
>
> The NT4 domain name is actually not recorded anywhere in Samba's DBs,
> just in the workgroup parameter in the smb.conf.
>
> So while your joined domain members won't be happy (you will need to
> rejoin), you can just change it.  Just make sure the domain SID stays
> the same, it should (because it will fallback to the 'machine sid' that
> already has that value), but see
>
> net getdomainsid (to get the current one/check the new one)
> net setdomainsid (if you need to reset it)
>
> I hope this helps!
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hello Andrew,
I have Upgrade my Domain from NT4 to AD.
Domain SID is a different one. I try to set this to the new one.

old pdc:
net getdomainsid

new dc1:
stop samba ; net setdomainsid [copy-from old]; start samba

Domain SID is still the "new one".
User SID are also different when I look with "rpcclient $> lookupnames".

Can this be a Problem, when I unjoin and rejoin all workstations to Domain?