[Samba] Migrating Samba NT4 Domain to Samba AD

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Sep 16 14:30:03 UTC 2019

On 16/09/2019 15:04, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Well it was worth checking.. We just dont know what you already checked..
>
> Then all i can say now is, or a different OS, or try Vincent's his packages.
> I see that is should support AD-DC, but I really dont know. I only do debian/ubuntu.
> At least it looks like it.
>
> (from : http://nova.polymtl.ca/~coyote/dist/samba/samba-4.10.8/RHEL7/SPECS/samba-v410x.spec )
> %description dc
> The samba-dc package provides AD Domain Controller functionality

The problem with this list is that 90% of the users do not use red-hat
based distros, so everything is usually based around Debian based distros.

I think we need to fall back to checking how the OP has set up his OS,
we need to see the contents of the following files:

/etc/hostname

/etc/hosts

/etc/resolv.conf

/etc/krb5.conf