[Samba] Is the smbldap-tools package no longer maintained?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 13 13:51:31 UTC 2019

On 13/09/2019 14:20, Christopher Sean Hilton via samba wrote:
> I've been trying to find news on the smbldap-tools package from IDEALX
> but my google searches have been fruitless. In my FreeBSD port build
> run yesterday I noticed that the port is listed as *broken* because
> the download link no longer works. Is there a new home for this code
> or has it lost it's maintainer?
>
> *Note* I was able to build against a cached download but if the
> (download) location has moved than I can send a note to the FreeBSD
> port maintainer and get the link updated.
>
> -- Chris

I do not think it is maintained any more, an old version can be found here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/smbldap-tools/

Last updated 5 years ago, but it says that it moved on the 19/09/2007 to
https://gna.org/projects/smbldap-tools/, but gna.org closed down a few
years ago.

I cannot find the source anywhere, this doesn't mean it doesn't exist,
just that I cannot find it ;-)

Can I also point out that you really should upgrade to AD, an NT4-style
domain is very old technology and Microsoft keeps breaking them.

Rowland