[Samba] Questions about samba upgrade

Trenta sis trenta.sis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 10:56:46 UTC 2019

Hi Rowland,

Recently I have upgraded a single server 4.4.5 to 4.10.7 with in-place
method and all seems to works fine.

Can you give detail what are this advantages to upgrade with rejoins
about database, performance (index recreated?), stability, dbcheck...
what are the realadvantages and disadvantages to evaluate in our case
what is the best method

To rejoin I think with this steps:
- fsmo transfer
- demote dc1
- delete old folder samba on dc1
- join dc1 with smae parameters used to join dc2 to 4.4.5

Correct?

Thanks for all you help!

Missatge de Trenta sis <trenta.sis at gmail.com> del dia dj., 12 de set.
2019 a les 11:13: