[Samba] Ubuntu Bionic Samba 4.9.13 and 4.10.8 packages online now (amd64/i386)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Sep 10 07:08:47 UTC 2019

Hai,

Well, not exactly, if you coming from source builds.

In that case is suggest.

Pick a repo line matching your self compiled samba.
If thats a 4.9, choose the 4.9 repo line to add to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list file.

Stop the self compiled samba version.
Disable starting the selfcompiled samba.
Reboot you server to make sure nothing has openfiles, or check this manualy.

Copy the data from compiled to the matching /var/{cache,lib}/samba folders
Copy the smb.conf to /etc/samba/smb.conf

Fix any paths in configs so it matches the packaged version.
Removed, or better, move any leftover, out of the way to a other folder.

Now you should be able to start samba with the old data.
And please do verify above steps, i might have missed one.

Greetz,

Louis