[Samba] Sysvol reset

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 6 16:19:10 UTC 2019

On 06/09/2019 17:05, Tom Diehl via samba wrote:
> Hi Louis,
>
> On Fri, 6 Sep 2019, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
>
>> Hai,
>>
>> Try the script, make backups of you sysvol first.
>>
>> The script shows the correct settings, these are duplicated from a
>> windows 2008R2 server.
>>
>> But here you go, the ms link to verify your settings.
>> https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/2838154/permissions-for-this-gpo-in-the-sysvol-folder-are-inconsistent-with-th
>>

> Thanks for the link. I like pictures. :-)
>

>> But i must also say, start with upgrading you samba-ad-dc's.
>
> I plan to upgrade but I was thinking I should fix the sysvol problems
> before
> making more changes. Are you saying I should upgrade first? Is there a
> compelling reason to upgrade past 4.9.latest at this time?
>
> Regards,

Samba has three levels of support for each minor version, spread over 18
months:

Fully supported for first six months

Maintenance fixes for the next six months

Security fixes only for the last six months

4.9.x is in maintenance mode at the moment, but 4.11.0 is fairly
imminent and, when it is released, 4.9.x will drop into security fixes
only (4.8.x will go EOL at this time)

That is the reason to upgrade to the highest version possible, plus you
will get numerous fixes that have been added to 4.10.x

Rowland