[Samba] Change in behaviour for the "%U" substitution in 4.10.8?

gac gac at tutanota.com
Fri Sep 6 10:12:33 UTC 2019

I imagine the numeric UID is my old boss who left the company a few years ago, and by this point his account has been removed, not just disabled. The only thing contained by the DOMAIN directory is a home directory for each user, which is owned by them. So I don't _think_ this is the problem.

The command you suggested returns:

winbind_lookup_rids failed: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

The ACLs are to allow --x access for the 'www-data' into users home directories for use with Apache+mod_userdir, and then r-x access for their www directory

6 Sep 2019, 10:52 by samba at lists.samba.org: