[Samba] New samba backup tool (online & offline) retention

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Sep 6 07:36:13 UTC 2019

Trenta,

Then i think you have used my modified version of the backup tool.

Im really low in time to modify it atm, so if someone is willing to add the new version of backup to it.
Its on github..

Its something like this what im thinking of.
(See : https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Back_up_and_Restoring_a_Samba_AD_DC)

If samba version is 4.9 then you can use samba-tool online

If samba version is 4.10+ you can use samba-tool online and offline

Run backup wil samba is online, verify it, if errors, check if other ad-dcs are online, if yes, stop this samba-ad-dc.
Run backup offline,No other AD-DC online, mail the admin, let him fix it.

Verify backup, start samba-ad-dc again if needed.

See :
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/backup-script/backup_samba4

Preffered, lines 259-355, that should be functionized.
Then new part can be added.

Greetz,

Louis