[Samba] Samba, Time Machine, and ADS

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Sep 6 06:56:07 UTC 2019

Hai,

Enabling spotlight is not that hard.

The differences.
If you run : apt-get source samba, enter the samba-xxx/debian folder.

There you have the files : rules and control.
In rules  you see : conf_args = \
That are the build parameters.
At the end of these, i added --enable-spotlight
( dont forget to add a \ in the line above.

Now spotlight also needs some files the allow the build.
In control you see ( at the beginning ) :
Build-Depends: bison,
               debhelper-compat (= 12),
		  .... And more.

You need to add these to for debian buster ( and 1.0 for stretch )

               libtracker-miner-2.0-dev,
               libtracker-sparql-2.0-dev,

I'll also pm the maintainer, because if that is also enabled,
next release if official should be the same as my builds.
Finaly.., that simply saves me build time.  :-)

Greetz,

Louis