[Samba] How to Change UIDs

Tyrus Shivers tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com
Thu Sep 5 14:47:42 UTC 2019

Understood.

Just to confirm there is no way to change the UID of users or manually
assign them? When I do id "user", I get just a UID and several group IDs, I
do not get anything that starts with a S. I do understand the SID from
Windows is tied somehow to the UID

I cannot setup a trust on my end. The remote share is managed by a
different set of admins, their only option for me to connect is to have the
UIDs that match their database of UIDs. It is a closed network and the UIDs
they have for users is tied to a different authentication resource than our
network.

V/R
Tyrus Shivers
Bestgate Engineering LLC
Direct: (410) 872-2457
tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com

<tyrus.shivers at bestgateeng.com>
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it, may be privileged and confidential and is intended
only for the use of the intended recipient of this message.  If you are not
the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
retention, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of any of the
information contained in, or attached to this e-mail transmission is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail or by telephone at
the above number and delete this e-mail message and its attachments.