[Samba] Printer with driver from Samba prints only b/w

Jakob Lenfers lenfers at bigsss-bremen.de
Thu Sep 5 07:23:49 UTC 2019

Am 04.09.19 um 10:33 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:

> I only use : AppSocket/HP JetDirect
> Why? Because i noticed it always workes, i let the computer make the print job then send it.
> Same for my Kyocera printers, all use :  socket://x.x.x.x:9100

Wait, you don't print through CUPS? You print directly from client to
printer, but use Samba for driver distribution?

I used this for printer creation in CUPS, so I print directly via
jetdirect from CUPS as well:

| sudo lpadmin -p 5.4_Color_SOC-GP -v socket://w.x.y.z:9100 -L "Haus 5
Ebene 4 (5.4445)" -D "Color Printer GP (5.4445)" -E

> And you could increase the debuglevel of cups and samba then make it crash.
> And check the logs of these, and also check the windows eventlog.
>
> Somewhere it should show why it crashes.
> I first guest would be a missing right somewhere.

Yeah, I didn't debug that part too much yet and concentrated on the
universal driver instead. Will check it again.

Thanks for your reply,
Jakob