[Samba] Samba4 computers not on W10 Network

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 4 13:46:41 UTC 2019

Hai Bob,

Which is correct.

> I believe this is due to smb1 being depreciated.
Yes, correct.

> All the folder redirection still works, gpo, etc. Domain
> users can log in.

Yes, because AD does not netbios.

> What do I need to adjust so these machines appear in smb2?
You "should not" want that, but if you really want.

https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-enable-network-discovery-and-configure-sharing-options-in-windows-10/

Note, IM NOT CALLING YOU A DUMMY.. !
Its just that this site shows it nicely what todo on the windows side.

And only one member, there you start/enable nmbd.

But i suggest, you first read :
https://www.crowe.com/cybersecurity-watch/netbios-llmnr-giving-away-credentials

> (I know this has been talked about before sorry.)
No worries.. This happens a lot.