[Samba] Printer with driver from Samba prints only b/w

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 4 08:33:32 UTC 2019

Hai,
A quick reply.

As far i can tell, the steps you did are fine.
The only diffence here compaired to my setup.

And i also use(d) an HP CP 3525, i used the PCL6 6.0.0 and 6.2.1 and 6.5.0 drivers.
Off these i know they should work.
Only thing here is i cant really the exact setup, its years old already and i changed to kyocera printers.

One major thing here, i configured this all from a win7 x64 pc, not win10.
Based on :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Print_Server
The part : Adding a printer to the Print Server Back End

I only use : AppSocket/HP JetDirect
Why? Because i noticed it always workes, i let the computer make the print job then send it.
Same for my Kyocera printers, all use :  socket://x.x.x.x:9100

And you could increase the debuglevel of cups and samba then make it crash.
And check the logs of these, and also check the windows eventlog.

Somewhere it should show why it crashes.
I first guest would be a missing right somewhere.

So far,

Greetz,

Louis

Ps. new packages will be online today.