[Samba] flood of (auth in progress) connections from unresponsive windows client crashing samba

David Walling walling at tacc.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 3 20:00:44 UTC 2019

I believe the core of my issue was not setting up the 'trusted' machine accounts for the Windows clients correctly.  After adding the local unix account manually for each client on the samba server and running "smbpasswd -a -m machine_name", the issue seems to be resolved.

Thank you Rowland for your help!