[Samba] Problem to access from Win to Win after classicupdate to Samba DC 4.10.7

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Sep 3 09:49:31 UTC 2019

On 03/09/2019 10:38, Dario Lesca via samba wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 02/09/2019 alle 11.24 +0100, Rowland penny via samba ha
> scritto:
>> Kerberos problems due to using MIT ?????
> Ok, thank Rowland, I have move my problem on Fedora Devel ML.
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/LW3XIRWLZ5E3C2P263H4OVO3I6UQPNTQ/
>
> The question now is. Fedora/Redhat Samba DC-MIT have a future?
> And I think this answer should not be given by samba team: samba team
> has chosen Heimdal KDC

At the moment, yes, Samba is using Heimdal, but extensive work has been
done by Samba Team members to use MIT, but there is further work to do.
The choice of KDC will be down to the Samba team and will be lead by
patches to change/upgrade the KDC, so if you want to use MIT, then you
need to provide patches to fix the various problems, or get someone else
to provide the patches for you.

Whatever happens, the change, if any, will not occur tomorrow, it is
likely to be sometime in the future.

Rowland