[Samba] Problems with Internal DNS Samba 4

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Sep 2 10:30:59 UTC 2019

On 02/09/2019 11:11, Marcio Demetrio Bacci wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >No, you shouldn't have to, have you followed this first:
> I followed, but there are instructions in this tutorial to configure
> Bind9_DLZ first, as below:
>
>   * Set up and configure the |BIND9_DLZ| back end. For details, see
>     BIND9_DLZ Back End
>     <https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/BIND9_DLZ_DNS_Back_End>.

I will have a look and alter it if required.

> > What version of Samba is this ?
> Samba 4.10.7
>
> >Yours will probably be '/var/lib/samba'
> No, there aren't in my DC (I have searched with find / -name <file>).
If you were running a DC using the internal dns server and haven't
upgraded to Bind9 yet, then there will be no Samba Bind9 related files &
directories yet, they get created by the dns server upgrade and they
will be created in /var/lib/samba/bind-dns

>  Will files ( "/usr/local/samba/bind-dns/named.conf" and "dns.keytab"
> ) be created after I run the command samba_upgradedns
> --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ ?

Yes, but not at that path ;-)

Rowland