[Samba] to shares access from non-member clients/nodes

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Sep 1 08:07:51 UTC 2019

On 01/09/2019 08:45, Joachim Lindenberg wrote:
> To the original question
>> Should nodes/clients outside of domain (non-members) be able to access (with user+pass) Samba shares?
> I  was tempted to write "yes, of course",

Normally I would have said yes, but not with the smb.conf the OP was
using, it was just too borked.

If it had been a simple standalone server, then yes

If it had been a proper Unix domain member against an AD DC, then yes

If it had been Samba properly set up against IPA, then probably yes,
don't really know, I have never used IPA, never felt the need to ;-)

Rowland