[Samba] vfs objects

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 30 18:38:00 UTC 2019

On 30/10/2019 17:32, torch via samba wrote:
> Is the “important" vfs objects parameter documented in a man page anywhere?  It appears in the man pages of several vfs modules, but never fully documented that I could find.  Apparently it once was from a now dead link https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/old/Samba3-HOWTO/smb.conf.5.html#VFSOBJECTS <https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/old/Samba3-HOWTO/smb.conf.5.html#VFSOBJECTS> .
>
> Todd

It is mentioned in 'man smb.conf':

vfs objects (S)

     This parameter specifies the backend names which are used for Samba
VFS I/O operations. By default, normal disk I/O operations are used but
these can be overloaded with one or more VFS objects.

     Default: vfs objects =

     Example: vfs objects = extd_audit recycle

There are quite a few 'vfs-*' man pages, but they do not seem to listed
anywhere, but, from git, this is a full list:

vfs_acl_xattr       vfs_prealloc
vfs_aio_fork        vfs_preopen
vfs_aio_pthread     vfs_readahead
vfs_audit           vfs_readonly