[Samba] Unable to initialize messaging context!

Rich Webb rwebb at zylatech.com
Wed Oct 30 18:04:11 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am getting this when trying to run testparm and I'm also unable to start the samba daemon. I am trying to set up a AD DC. This is a fresh install of CentOS 7 minimal with the dependency script from the wiki run. The version is 4.11.2 and was successfully compiled. I believe the two issues are related but I'm unable to find anything on google that indicates what could be the problem.

When running the samba daemon with -i this is the output I get:

exit_daemon: daemon failed to start: Samba failed to setup parent messaging, error code -1073741801

CentOS 7 Minimal
All dependencies installed via script from the wiki
Compiled from source

smb.conf:
# Global parameters
[global]
dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
netbios name = DC1
realm = CORP.EXAMPLE.COM
workgroup = CORP

[sysvol]
path = /var/locks/sysvol
read only = No

[netlogon]
path = /var/locks/sysvol/corp.example.com/scripts
read only = No

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich