[Samba] Defaults for Parameters in vfs_fruit

torch casatech19 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 18:01:08 UTC 2019

From the vfs_fruit man pages (current & past), it is not clear what parameters, if any, are enabled by default if only the vfs objects = fruit parameter is set.
In another thread I started, vfs objects does not appear to be documented in a man page, however, I assume it loads modules, but does not necessarily enable them.

For example:
fruit:aapl = yes | no  A global option whether to enable Apple's SMB2+ extension codenamed AAPL. Default yes.

If this is an option, then omitting the parameter implies that the fruit module would be loaded, but not enabled - no default.
If this parameter is included, then it appears that either a yes or a no must be set - no default
Or is there an undocumented format ( fruit;aapl ) - default yes?

The other options where a defaults are given, are similarly not clear (to me :-)

Todd