[Samba] export password

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 29 18:54:06 UTC 2019

On 29/10/2019 18:44, banda bassotti via samba wrote:
> you are right, I was not exhaustive in my request, sorry: from samba 4.7.x
> with ldap backend to samba 4.10.x with ldap backend, so I was wondering if
> it was possible to do a ldbsearch from the old one and import a possible
> ldif on the new one.

I think you actually mean from a 4.7.x Samba AD DC to a new 4.10.x AD
DC, you wouldn't use 'ldbsearch' against LDAP.

If this is the case, then no, but you might be able to sync passwords
with 'samba-tool user syncpasswords', but if you do set this up, you
will need to change the passwords anyway.

If it isn't a Samba AD DC, then please give us more info.

Rowland