[Samba] chronyd vs ntpd on SambaAD ?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sun Oct 27 00:58:58 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-10-24 at 16:27 +0100, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 24/10/2019 16:10, Sérgio Basto via samba wrote:
> > Hi,
> > As Centos 7 and Fedora defaults to chronyd  [2] , should I use ntpd
> > for
> > some reason [3] ? I based my configurations on [1] which use ntpd
> > but I thinking change for chronyd , change ntp deamons could outage
> > the
> > samba service and client computers ?
> >
> There should be no problem with changing from ntp to chrony, just set
> up
> chrony, stop ntp and then start chrony.

After stop ntp, setup and start chrony, reboot all and testing on
windows 10, I tested `w32tm /resync` and windows said: "The computer
did not resync because no time data was available".

I had rollback to ntpd service and `w32tm /resync` sync successfully.

Any idea what I need to do to put chrony configure working with windows
?

I'd like to change because now, chrony is the default , should work
better and it was less one thing to configure .

Thanks,

--
Sérgio M. B.