[Samba] Samab 4.11.1 for rhel7/centos7 rpms

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Fri Oct 25 02:52:37 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-10-24 at 21:38 -0400, Vincent S. Cojot via samba wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Oct 2019, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>
> > You do realize I've been publishing .spec files and build tools for
> > all of this for a while now, with hooks to build for CentOS  7, 8,
> > and
> > Fedora 30 with full AD features enabled for a few years now? My
> > source
> > repo is over at https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo .
>
> Yes, I am aware of your efforts. Your project is much more
> elaborate/extensive in scope than mine: I barely seek to provide
> samba
> AD/DC rpms for people to use on RHEL/Centos.
>
> Now that RHEL7 has python3 in extras, I guess it would
> be easier to join forces. Right now, I'm focused on adapting the
> "upstream" Fedora spec file to RHEL to minimize changes for it to
> work
> properly. I'm in touch with Gunther (one of the maintainers) to try
>
> > I'm curious if you left the "--with-experimental-mit-ad-dc"
> > features
> > enabled, because I turned those off as "not yet ready for prime
> > time".
>
> In what SPEC file did you see that? It's not in any of my SPEC
> files..

I think we are talking about disabling MIT Kerberos integration and
enabling optional Heimdal Kerberos with Domain Controller functionality

Hello, count with me,  "my" project [1] , I have sync my spec from Nico
repo, I think the biggest difference is I'm using all internal
libraries ...

BTW @Nico do you accept pull request ? , I have lots of simplifications
on samba.spc ( you may see my latest commits)

Thanks,

[1]
https://github.com/sergiomb2/sambaad
The first patch is for disabling MIT Kerberos integration and enabling
optional Heimdal Kerberos with Domain Controller functionality in the
Redhat/Fedora package i.e. with MIT Kerberos we not have a fully
functional PDC.

--
Sérgio M. B.