[Samba] NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Timothy Brewer timothy.brewer at wyo.gov
Wed Oct 23 15:16:25 UTC 2019

Hi,
I disabled SSSD and made the suggested changes to my smb.conf. Now Win10
says "Windows cannot access <path>". I can no longer ssh to the server -
permission denied error.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 1:35 AM Rowland penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 22/10/2019 22:18, Timothy Brewer via samba wrote:
> > Like so many others, I'm having NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE issues. I've
> tried
> > all the fixes I could find to no avail.
> > My environment:  Cent 7 (Linux 4.19.72-v7l.1.el7) with Samba 4.9.1, bound
> > to AD via Realmd. SSSD for ACL's, winbind for user map.
>
> Sorry but from Samba 4.8.0 the use of sssd with winbind is not
> supported, this is because from 4.8.0 you must run winbind if using
> 'security = ADS' and the two interfere with one another.
>
> Just remove sssd and everything should work after you replace 'backend =
> sss' with 'backend = ad' and add 'idmap config <domain>:unix_nss_info =
> yes'
>
> Rowland

of public
business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed
to third parties.