[Samba] Samba domain users AWOL from Samba file server.

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 22 19:54:20 UTC 2019

On 22/10/2019 20:32, John Redmond wrote:
> Running net cache flush does not help.  Here's the result on
> samba-tool user edit user3 --editor=nano

If we strip that down to the important lines:

dn: CN=user3,CN=Users,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
primaryGroupID: 513
sAMAccountName: user3
uidNumber: 10103

dn: CN=user2,CN=Users,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
primaryGroupID: 513
sAMAccountName: user2
uidNumber: 10102

Then, for the life of me, I cannot see any difference. Both users exist
and have a uidNumber inside your DOMAIN range.

I seem to remember something like this coming up before and the cure was
(if I remember correctly) to delete and recreate the user.

Rowland