[Samba] Problem with UID and GID

Stephen Atkins satkins at mdwainwright.ca
Tue Oct 22 15:19:12 UTC 2019

On 22/10/2019 8:32 a.m., Stephen Atkins via samba wrote:
> Hello everyone.  I thought I had everything configured correctly but it 
> seems not.  I've got two servers.  One is the AD DC and another that has 
> been joined to the domain.  This is the output I get first from the AD 
> DC when I do a getent:

I think I got it figured out.  It does seem that I had a couple of 
issued with my smb.conf files but also I had logged in to the DC before 
I had set the UID/GID on my user.  I ran the net cache flush and now 
it's returning the proper ID's.

Stephen Atkins

More information about the samba mailing list