[Samba] Win7 vs. Win10 GPO Editing

henri transfert hb.transfert at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 12:58:43 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a problem with GPO editing.
I have some GPO first created with RSAT and GPO editor on Win 7 x64.
I have modified recently this object with RSAT and GPO editor on Win 10 x64
.

If I try to edit the GPO back to Win7 I got the following error (in
french):
La ressource « $(string.SiteDiscoveryEnableWMI) » référencée dans
l’attribut displayName est introuvable. Fichier
C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\inetres.admx, ligne 34296, colonne 235

I got this error in the Group Policy Management console when displaying
settings , and also in the GP editor.

Is there an incompatibility between GPO editing on Win 7 vs Win 10 ?
Will the GPO modified on Win 10 will still apply in Win7 clients computers
?
What is the best practice to edit GPO when mixing Win7 and Win10 clients ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Henri