[Samba] CentOS update broke Samba

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 14:45:25 UTC 2019

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 4:47 PM Rowland penny via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 19/10/2019 21:28, Alex Moen via samba wrote:
> >

> > On 10/19/19 2:57 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> >
> > Guest account: There isn't a Unix user per se, but there is an LDAP
> > user named guest that I created for this purpose...  I don't really
> > want guest access.  Again, something legacy?
> No, the guest user is usually a Unix user (usually 'nobody')

I'd start with a pristine, RPM provided smb.conf, put it under source
control, see if it works, then fold in the specific features of your
15 year old smb.conf one at a time to ensure format compatibility and
feature testability. If you decide you want to play with the very
latest greeted bleeding edge Samba, I'm publishing tools to buil dit,
with the domain controller enabled, over at
https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo .