[Samba] Winbind and caching - idmap, DC

Alexey A Nikitin nikitin at amazon.com
Fri Oct 18 19:38:50 UTC 2019

On Friday, 18 October 2019 12:24:46 PDT Ralph Boehme wrote:
> You won't loose connectivity anyway. winbindd will just have to go
> through DC lookup again in certain scenarios.

This is exactly what I'd like to avoid. As I wrote in another message in this thread, it appears that switching DC shortly after domain join causes machine authentication failures until the new machine account gets replicated.

If I'm not mistaken, I can use 'wbinfo --ping-dc' to find out the DC that winbindd is currently connected to. Is there a way for me to use that info then to force winbindd to connect to the same DC after restart? Alternatively,

On Friday, 18 October 2019 12:24:46 PDT Ralph Boehme wrote:
> There's no tool to do that currently, but it would be trivial to write one.

would you be able to point someone unfamiliar with the Samba codebase where they should start looking to figure out how to do that?

Thanks!