[Samba] cant login to fileserver

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 16 14:58:02 UTC 2019

Read this (again).

and one of these:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_ad

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_rid

So
realm = relam.fqdn << in CAPS

 idmap uid = 1001-999999	<< remove these
 idmap gid = 1001-999999	<< remove these

>     winbind enum users = yes	<< remove these
>     winbind enum groups = yes	<< remove these
Or set these to no, these are really not needed.

>     idmap config * : range = 1000-1000 << much to small range.
If you inherited these low UID/GID, set this one to :
1000000-1005000
Or and other range that does not overlap any other range.

You should also verify that with (see) cat /etc/addusers.conf

> # This will prevent nmbd to search for NetBIOS names through DNS.
>    dns proxy = no
If you dns is setup correclty, setting that to yes, will work fine.

Greetz,

Louis