[Samba] Failed to find cifs/fs-share at dom.corp (kvno 109) in keytab

banda bassotti bandabasotti at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 09:06:21 UTC 2019

Hi Rowland, I refer again after a week, perhaps missing an important piece
to the big picture: the error message appears ONLY when you access the
share using the netbios alias:

[Global]
   workgroup = WG1
   realm = DOM.CORP
   netbios name = fs-a
   netbios aliases = oldsamba
   security = ADS

if you access the \\fs-a\sharename is ok if you access
\\oldsamba\sharename  the logs report the absence of the kerberos ticket,
to overcome this I have to re-import the oldsamba keytab with ktutil.

ciao.