[Samba] Child Domains

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 16 07:42:24 UTC 2019

That totaly depends on you needs, its not something we can tell based on the little info you gave.
Now, i suggest you read first.

This shows what your restrictions are the nameings.
https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/909264/naming-conventions-in-active-directory-for-computers-domains-sites-and

This shows the combination of nameing rules internet and lan
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34981.active-directory-best-practices-for-internal-domain-and-network-names.aspx

This learns you about the network design.
https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/windows-server/identity/ad-ds/plan/ad-ds-design-and-planning

And look at this one to make the links above better to understand.
https://flylib.com/books/en/4.32.1.55/1/

No small reads, but it will help you in understanding how to setup the best for you network/company.
Good luck.

Greetz,

Louis