[Samba] Failed when join to an existing Active Directory Domain

Igor Sousa igorvolt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 19:11:32 UTC 2019

The master DC runs on Debian 7 and samba 4.1.10. I know this is bad because
both versions are too old, but I'm trying to resolve it with upgrade my
secondaries DC's. The DC that has failed to join this domain runs on
CentOS7, kernel release 3.10.0-1062.1.2.el7.x86_64, and samba 4.10.2.

I have a friend that know so much about MS solutions (he has MS
certificate) and he has asked me if Samba ask about to update the current
forest schema like MS Server ask when a DC with newest version has joint on
existing domain. Is possible to update the forest schema on samba like on
MS Server? Is it necessary and the cause of my failed to join new DC on my
domain?

I've use only "./configure", "make" and "make install" to this new DC and
use below command to join this DC on domain

samba-tool domain join smb DC -U"SMB\administrator" --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ
--option='idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes'

--
Igor Sousa