[Samba] Samba "pass" authentication to OpenID or SAML (external)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Oct 11 18:12:25 UTC 2019

ADFS and keycloak are both SAML (and similar web authentication
protocol) identity providers, they both provide the web authentication
side of things.  When checking passwords both can be backed by AD.

(They may also be able to trust other web authentication providers).

Even Microsoft ADFS can't provide AD services to windows desktops.

I hope this helps you fill out your mental map here.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org